Hey bookworms! Happy Friday. It’s almost the weekend, and thank goodness for that.
Larissa over at the Book Bosomed Blonde tagged me to do the Book Blogger Insider Tag. And while I’m atrocious at keeping up with book tags, I wanted to schedule this one because it looked like fun! So thank you Larissa for tagging me!
And without further ado, let’s get into the tag.
1. Where do you typically write your blog posts?
I’m pretty basic and write most of them from my couch. There are some days that I write and edit on my mobile WordPress app, but most of the work gets done while I’m all cozy in my living room.
2. How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
Reviews take me the longest out of all the different posts I write. I suppose it really depends on the book though. If it’s a book that I have hardly any complaints about, the writing process is much shorter. Rage reviews also don’t take incredibly long. But those middle ground feels…those are hard to put into words.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say anywhere from an hour to two hours. But usually closer to an hour.
3. When did you start your book blog?
It’s crazy to think that I started this blog last June, but that’s when it happened. It does not feel like I’ve been doing this for almost a year already.
4. What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
It definitely eats up time that I could be reading or working on other writing projects, but it’s worth it. I love book blogging.
5. What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
I’m torn. The community is amazing, but it also motivates me to read much more than I ever have. I’m going to call it a tie between those things.
6. What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
7. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
My favorite types of posts are book reviews and general discussion posts. I also love writing my hiking posts when the opportunity actually arises!
8. When do you typically write?
I write all week, but I try to get most of the blog writing done over the weekend. Setting aside an entire morning for that has been really useful in keeping the posts coming.
9. Do you review every book you read?
10. How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
Sweatpants and coffee are must haves. Sometimes the fur baby joins in.
11. When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
It really depends on when I have time. Usually the weekend after finishing the book is a safe bet, but I’ll write it faster if I really need to get a post up.
12. How often do you post?
I aim for as many posts as possible, but it’s usually between 3 and 5 posts each week!
And now for the tagging:
- Abhinov’s Reads
- Books Are The New Black
- Lair of Books
- Moms Book Collection
- Umut Reviews
- Tammy’s Reading/Writing Life
- Functionally Fictional
- Books and Blends
- Lexi Temple Sparks
- Anyone else who wants to participate!
Happy blogging, friends!