Hey bookworms! I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Tiffany over at Beyond the Stars. It’s taken me a while to actually get around to completing the tag that goes with this award, but here goes. Thank you again, Tiffany! Make sure you guys go check out her blog.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
This award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
-Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
-Answer 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
-Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
-List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your blog.
1. Paperbacks, hardbacks, eBooks, or audio books?
I always prefer hardbacks, but paperbacks can be useful when you’re traveling with books. So both of those.
2. Favorite genre(s)?
Fantasy and literary fiction/YA geared toward mental illness or trauma.
3. Most anticipated book of 2018?
I’m between A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir and Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare.
4. Favorite book released in 2017?
I haven’t read that many new releases this year, so I have to go with Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare.
5. Are you part of a book club?
Nope! It sounds like fun, but I barely have time to read on my own.
6. Most read author?
There’s a whole lot of Cassandra Clare in this post…
7. First book on your wish list?
Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo! It kills me that I don’t have this yet.
8. How many books can you read at once?
I’m currently juggling five, which I’d say is my limit. It’s really more like three with two on hold though.
9. What book would you recommend to everyone you meet?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo! Come to think of it, I do recommend that to everyone I meet.
10. Have you ever marked a book as DNF?
Yes! I don’t DNF often, but some books are too dull or too problematic to finish.
11. Do you have any authors/genres you refuse to read? Why?
Refuse is not the word I’d go with. There are definitely authors and genres that I don’t read because I’m just not interested though.
Okay! I’m nominating:
1. Mousai Books
2. Lexi Temple Sparks
3. Beckie Bookworm
5. Literary Weaponry
6. Wonderfilled Reads
7. Book Bosomed Blonde
8. Blossoms and Bullet Journals
10.Book Tales By Me
And here are your questions:
1. What were your favorite books growing up?
2. Where is your favorite place to read?
3. Which genres do you read the most?
4. Who is your favorite author?
5. What’s a trope or cliché that you’re tired of seeing?
6. Who is your OTP?
7. What is your favorite book-to-screen adaptation?
8. What is your reading beverage of choice?
9. What’s the most disappointing book you’ve read this year?
10. What is a sequel you’re highly anticipating?
11. What are some diverse books you’ve read and loved?
Enjoy, you guys! (Also, I totally just realized I was supposed to nominate 11 people and only did 10. But I’m ready to post this, so 10 it is.)