Hey there, bookworms! Big news: I’m participating in my first readathon this week! A Very Merry Readathon was created by Tiny Book Dragon and will be taking place from December 4th to December 8th. More details are available in her announcement video, which you can view here.
There are three challenges for the Very Merry Readathon, which are as follows:
- Read a book that takes place during the holidays
- Read a book with Christmas colors on the cover (red, green, gold, silver, blue, etc.)
- Read a book just because you want to
The books I’ve chosen for these challenges are:
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens – I picked up my unread copy of this and brought it back to my apartment last week, mostly because I’m a bad lit major and have never read DIckens (I hear I’m not missing much). A Christmas Carol was on my TBR for this month anyway, and it’s short – perfect for the readathon!
- Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – This one has red & gold on the cover. It’s also the only book I own with any combination for Christmas colors, so…
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – I’ve been dying to continue my Harry Potter re-read, so this definitely fits the bill for “read a book just because you want to.”
That’s it! I’ll post my reading wrap up on the 8th and let you guys know how I’ve done. Is anyone else doing A Very Merry Readathon? Tell me in the comments!