In case it isn’t obvious from my lack of reading progress the past few weeks, I’m in a slump (which reminds me, that would make a really great discussion post – but I digress). Sometimes, getting excited about my TBR pile helps pull me out of the slumps, so when I saw this TBR tag on Curiouser and Curiouser‘s page, I figured I’d give it a whirl.
- How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I do this through a combination of Goodreads and my bookshelf. Most of the books I own and haven’t read yet aren’t on my TBR list on Goodreads, but if there’s a book I want to remember to pick up, I add it.
- Is your TBR mostly print or e-books?
I really only read e-books when I’m laying in bed (books hurt when they fall on your sleepy face) or when I’m reading a Net Galley digital ARC. Apart from that, all the books I read are in print!
- A book that’s been on your TBR the longest?
I’ve been meaning to pick up The Magicians Land by Lev Grossman and Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke for the longest. I hate leaving series unfinished, so these are two TBR books that bother the crap out of me.
- A book you recently added to your TBR?
Turtles All The Way Down by John Green recently snuck its way to the top of the TBR pile.
- A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover?
The Naming by Alison Croggon. I saw the new covers for her series and immediately added them to Goodreads as a reminder to buy them.
- A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
If I decide not to read a book, I mentally remove it from my TBR. But I guess I’ll use Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs. I am just not motivated to refresh my memory on this entire series and read the finale. Blegh.
- An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for?
QUEEN OF AIR AND DARKNESS! And I don’t have to wait until 2019. I could cry from joy.
- A book on your TBR that everyone has read but you?
SO MANY. But let’s go with Sarah J. Maas’s ACOTAR series.
- A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, which I’m putting off because I’d have to buy three books to actually read this series (and you know I’m going to get those hardcovers).
- A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read?
The entirety of Rick Riordan’s Heroes of Olympus series. If I had my way, I’d just binge Riordan’s books and do nothing else for 3 weeks, but alas, reality.
- How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
205, and that’s just on Goodreads. Awkward.
That about sums up my TBR life! What are some books on your TBRs that you’ve been dying to read? Tell me in the comments below! And feel free to tag yourself and do this.